Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Random Monday Thoughts

I've been a little lazy with the blog lately and I hate that. I don't want blogging to become an item on my to do list, but at the same time I feel like its so important to document life right now. Things are moving so fast and I can't put the brakes on! I watch my baby boy becoming a little boy and it it kills me. I see my newborn becoming a sweet baby girl and rolling over, laughing and playing. It's a blessing to watch my children grow but I sure wish the days were longer.

I've reached a milestone in parenting that I believe to be nothing short of God answering prayer in a blatant way. I was feeling so drained by parenting my children every day. There's never a break for a stay at home mom and it's tiresome. It occurred to me that I was being so selfish in my thoughts. I was worrying about my next "alone time" or when I could read or rest or take a shower alone. All of my thoughts were around ME. What an ugly way to live. I prayed for God to remove my selfish thoughts. I continue to pray this every morning when my eyes open.

The outcome has been a new view of my children. I'm laughing at the insanity of my days and the exhaustion of sleepless nights. I've realized (with a heavy heart) that these moments are passing so quickly so instead of looking toward nap time or bedtime so I can be alone, I'm soaking up every second of them being awake, with me. I know one day I'll miss having little people crying "Mommy!!" or needing snuggles or wanting me to read the same book over and over. I'll even miss the sleepless nights and the impossible attempts at a quiet meal. I'm going to embrace the crazy and soak up every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...