Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thank God for Moms!

Sometimes people do things for you and you are reminded of how God uses people on Earth to bless your life. Last week I was overwhelmed by the self-sacrificial love two very special people showed Eliot and me and I think they deserve some recognition!

Tuesday night my mother-in-law and I went to dinner and fabric shopping and left Harris home with Daddy. We came home at 8 to discover that a stomach virus had come to visit the Murray home and Harris was the first victim! Jan stayed around the house long enough to make sure we were ok and worked on my sweater to get the...umm...remnants of the virus off of it...yeah, yuck. Two days later Harris was still sick and unable to go to Mother's Day Out but I still had to work. Without a second thought, Jan came right on over to care for Harris while I worked for a couple of hours. She knew what she was coming into but did so anyway because she loves us that much!

Friday morning the other two Murray's, Eliot and Ashley, caught the virus. MY mom came into Montgomery and stayed at our house for 2 nights to care for the three of us. She totally took care of Harris and made sure that Eliot and I had groceries and things to keep us hydrated. She knew she would catch the virus but said "that's what mommies do, regardless of how old their babies are". We tried to keep things sanitized as much as possible but with three people with the virus smothering one other person in a 1400 square foot house, it was bound to happen...

Both my mom and Eliot's mom ended up with the virus. I don't know what Eliot and I would have done without them but I felt so bad that they would come and meet our needs knowing what it meant for them. A mother's love is beautiful and I am SO thankful for their help. We are blessed by them daily and I, especially, am blessed to have a picture of what a mother's heart should look like. I am constantly amazed by the pure selfless nature God places in each and every mother. I'm especially thankful that HE sends help in times of need! 

THANK YOU MOM AND JAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...