Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Scribbles~Harris and THE FIGHT

It was bound to happen. I knew the day would come. It was only a matter of time...

Harris got in trouble at school.

I went to pick him up Thursday and as I turned the corner into his room I could tell he had been crying. He was trying his hardest to pout and clinging to his favorite teacher, Ms. Hannah. I immediately became worried and asked "WHAT'S WRONG?" Ms. Victoria smiled and said "Harris just got in trouble for the first time EVER!" Then she proceeded with her story:

Harris has a few new classmates that were moved up from the nursery. Supposedly, some of the older kids (Harris included) are having issues with these new babies being in their space and in the attention of the teachers. One baby really rubbed Harris the wrong way on Thursday so he retaliated. Ms. Victoria turned around in time to see Harris push Baby Eli out of a chair. When Ms. Victoria scolded him he looked her in the eye and then STOMPED Baby Eli's foot. Oh boy. Needless to say he was punished, I'm assuming by way of timeout.

Now, I can't lie. I laughed when she told me. ONLY after I was sure Baby Eli was well, which he was. I couldn't believe my sweet boy would do something so ugly. I guess he's becoming just that though...a little BOY and learning about male dominance, wrestling, etc. Let's all just say a prayer that he doesn't walk around the house stomping on Chandler in the coming weeks...

Just to redeem your view of him for this week, here are some SWEET things he has done :

He's obviously cutting a tooth right now and I'm guessing its a molar which means he is NOT a happy camper at times. The only upside to him not feeling great is that he is ALL ABOUT his mommy. He comes to my side just to hold my hand or give me a hug, all the while saying "Mommy" with a huge grin on his face. After about the 50th time he does this in an hour I have to stop and remind myself that I WILL miss this one day ;) He is also re-learning to put himself to sleep. With all of the sickness he's had over the last few months he has become dependent on rocking again. Lately he's enjoyed laying in his bed with me sitting on the ottoman next to his crib. He sticks his little hand out of the crib and holds my hand until he dozes off. It is precious to say the least. He has become very much about his Daddy lately (unless he isn't feeling well) and loves giving Daddy BIG hugs after work. He loves eating chicken ("bok bok bok") and sometimes I'll tell him other things are chicken just to get him to eat them. That also works in telling him things are cookies. (Don't judge me, I'm trying to get a toddler to eat...) 

I hope you all have a great week!

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."
~2 Thessalonians 3:3~




1 comment:

  1. Honey, I'm praying its a phase. My 2yr old daughter is starting to be very dominating. I'm wondering if its bc she feels she has too bc she has an older sibling she thinks shes up agianst. We're doing our very best to handle it and thats all God asks of us. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...