Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Harris These Days

I had a revelation last night around 3:00 am that I figured was a sign from God. I feel like I've done a pretty good job at documenting Harris and his silly adventures up to this point. I've taken about a million pictures and stuffed his baby book to the rim! Now, this revelation was not about me being a good secretary but about the fact that in another few weeks I'm going to have TWO little ones to observe! I don't think I'll start ignoring the things around me, I'm just afraid that I won't remember to document and I have a terrible memory! So I guess I will start trying to keep up with my babies here! Hopefully I can do this :)

To begin..... Harris is 19 months old right now. He is talking UP A STORM. He will attempt just about anything you ask him to say. If he can't say it he simply says "Babies". Works for me! I do have some favorite words that he says. You know, the ones that make you melt when he says them? 

-Mommy- duh... his face when he says it though is just so sweet!
-Shhhong- this is his word for "strong" We sing the song "Daddy Daddy oh so strong!' and Harris adds his own little "shhhhong" at the end while showing his muscles ;)
-Huss- his word for "horse" So sweet!
-Sssssss- his word for raisins. Now, this may seem kind of lazy but it cracks me up every time
-Guhl- his word for "girl" as in "hey guh, what up?"
-Bok Bok Bok- his word for "chicken" I say Harris what do you want to eat? He says "Bok Bok Bok" this may be a little offensive in some settings....like McDonalds WHILE eating chicken nuggets
-Toota-"tooter" as in I said (after he passed gas very loudly) "Harris! You are a tooter!" He grinned and said in an almost whisper "toota" Awesome :)
-Hey- his name for "Emmie" this may seem strange BUT we always say "Hey Emmie!" He thinks "hey" is her first name. Fair enough.
-Cookeeeee-obviously, "cookie" Just last night he woke up at 2:00 am crying for said "cooookeeeee" He is his mother's child...

Harris is really turning into quite the sweetie. His teachers at BSF (our Bible study we attend on Wednesdays) ADORE him. Mrs. Smith says she wants to take him home. They tell me he's gentle with the other children and does a great job at listening and participating in the activities. His teachers at Mother's Day Out love him, too. He gets excited to go see them especially Ms. Hannah. Wow...he loves her! I love seeing his artwork he brings home and knowing he is content while he's there means the world to me. I have also received reports that he blows kisses to Ms. Lindsay from across the hall during lunchtime. He's a sneaky one ;) 

One of his favorite activities right now is working puzzles and he's so FAST at them too! It makes me giggle every time because he claps for himself after each piece is in place. He also loves to talk about shapes. He can identify stars, squares, circles, triangles and hearts. I'm very impressed by this of course! He LOVES Mickey Mouse and his favorite episode is Choo Choo Express. We watch it EVERY day..sometimes more than once but no need to get into that! He loves to color and play with stickers. He LOVES exploring outside and luckily we've had spring weather that has allowed us to play outside a lot. He loves to torment Emmie. He chases her around beating her with his bobbit or trying to kiss her, depending on the mood he's in. She's a good sport about it and usually just takes whatever attention he'll give her. He's obsessed with trains right now (thus the whole choo choo express thing..) 

My angel is just growing up so fast! He is so much fun and is FULL TIME entertainment. I love his kisses and his hugs and those beautiful smiles he gives me. He brings so much joy into my world! I'm so blessed to be able to watch this little boy grow up and learn the world around him :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...