Saturday, April 30, 2011

WAKE UP!

Our state has been ravished this week. Our neighbors have been killed. Our children have been orphaned. Our fellow Alabamians have witnessed horrors that we couldn't begin to imagine. I have been speechless until today. I have been staring at the TV watching these nightmares unfold before me and I've done 
nothing until today. What have I been waiting on? I don't know. It has been so overwhelming...there's so much NEED. Where do you even start?


I may be the only one just waking up from my stupor but in the event I'm not, I wanted to encourage anyone reading this to wake up. Do something. Even if it's digging out an old blanket or a can of food. Take it to a drop off point to be delivered if you are unable to take it yourself. Give blood. Give $5. Call 211 to find out where you can volunteer. Take a bar of soap or a few diapers. Fall on your knees and pray to God for peace and mercy for these people.


Go HERE or HERE to find out what you can do. Go HERE to donate. Just please GO!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Sweetie. And know that you are not the only one! It is called a "paralytic" reaction, I believe. Many peoples mental and physical response to devastating news has this reaction. You are basically paralyzed, unable to think straight and unable to move to action. However, once your mind allows you to "wake up" as you say, there is usually No Stopping you!...and my dear, this is usually the way you work! Your mind may shut down for a day, but when it wake up...it has a MAJOR Plan and no one can put the brakes on you until you accomplish it! I applaud, in advance, what you will accomplish! Love You!

    ReplyDelete

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...