Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who made the flowers? God did! God did!



I have always loved spring! What's not to love? Flowers, green everywhere, Easter, the first hint of warm weather and baseball! Its just beautiful. This spring has been so different though. Seeing all of this beauty through Harris' eyes has been such a blessing! He is so amazed by flowers and sunshine. I get to see his eyes light up at the sight of any and everything and it just makes my heart smile. I guess we can take God's beauty for granted when we see it all the time and honestly, it becomes mundane. Having a front-row seat to Harris seeing it all for the first time reminds me of how awe-inspiring God's creation really is. I've also been challenged to slow down and really drink it all in. We sing songs like "Who Made the Flowers" and at the end I always say, "Thank you God for the flowers" which usually gets a smile out of little man but until recently I don't think I've actually told God, "Thank you for your beauty!" There really isn't anything like seeing the world through a child's eyes.





Watching Daddy plant flowers
"That isn't quite like my bathwater.."

Mr. Gordon introduces Harris to the livestock!
Nothing better than bubbles
Checking up on the tree Daddy purchased
Even Emmie is becoming more and more interesting!!




I had to do it. Sorry Harris.

Happy Spring!!

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."
~Genesis 1:31~


No comments:

Post a Comment

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...