Monday, April 25, 2011

Pucker UP!

My sweet, precious angel of a child has been SO cuddly lately, I could just eat him up. Saturday we were at Mimi's Cafe with my mom and he did something so sweet I just had to share. He was sitting in his high chair and I was next to him. I leaned down, puckered up, and said "Harris you wanna give Mommy a kiss?" The child looked up at me, opened his mouth as wide as it would go and planted one on me! I could have melted into the concrete right then and there. The best part? He kept doing it! My mom grabbed the camera and started snapping. Oh my goodness.



There's more! Tonight as I was rocking him to sleep I was considering the possibility that he may one day decide he doesn't want to rock before bed. I was then thinking how ridiculous this was...afterall, OF COURSE he'll want me to rock and sing him to sleep when he's 16. Duh...  Anyway. I kid you not, just then my darling little boy stirred from his slumber, looked me dead in the eyes, smiled and planted another one of those sugary kisses right on my lips. I, of course, teared up and he just laid his little head back down on my shoulder. Now, I know all Mommies say this BUT Harris really is the sweetest. little. boy. ever. At least as far as I can see... ;) This Mommy is so in love.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, that is the sweetest story, I had to shed a tear!! & of course he'll want you to rock him @16...well, I know he'll still want you to 'rub his head'! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AK has been freely giving kisses lately too, so I know just how you feel!!

    ReplyDelete

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...