Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Hope

Easter is almost here! I'm so excited to spend this wonderful time of the year with family and friends. The significance of Easter becomes more and more important to me every year. I once totally overlooked the beauty and love that Easter brought to the world but over the last few years it has easily become my favorite holiday. As a new mom to a beautiful baby boy I am reminded even more the weight that this day holds. I look into my baby's eyes and wonder if I could love ANYONE enough to sacrifice my angel. I'll tell you right now..NOPE. As humans we can't begin to fathom that kind of love, selflessness and sacrifice. God loved us so much He gave Jesus up for us. We say those words all the time. We know the scriptures. Do we really see what that means?

There are times in my life when I obviously DO NOT see it. I have days where I think and act as though the world is coming to an end. I get tired and frustrated over mundane things. I feel lonely and isolated when Eliot is working all the time. I get my feelings hurt and I'm sure I hurt feelings, too. Those days can be awful. Terrible. 

But wow! I have something so wonderful, too marvelous for words. I have a God who loves me unconditionally. I have a Savior who gave Himself up for me. I have a love that no human can comprehend. I have it all. I have hope in a cross and a resurrection. Praise God! When I'm down or lonely or sad I have a reminder of the hope and love God brings. This world and the things in it are so temporary and so insignificant. Thank you, God, for the reminder this morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Ash, for this, most beautiful, reminder. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

The First Day of School, Butt-Shaped Fruit and The Crazy Train

How's Harris liking it?  I hear this question every single day. I love that people are interested/concerned about Harris and his opinio...